Plan for your plans not to go as planned!

I've been hit by a wave of inspiring thoughts over the past few weeks! I'd lay in bed, wide awake, processing the day's events and drawing conclusions about the lesson's I had learnt. Then, for a while I'd start to type these thoughts as a memo on my cellphone but after the third line of typing, my thoughts would derail and my mind would echo what I'd already typed out. Thus resulting in a loss of inspiration and a demotivated blogger!


Despite my short attention span, one inspiring thought stuck in my mind and reitterated itself on numerous occasions. That is...planning!


Planning, is just that... a plan and can only be followed through if God so desires! So often we think of ourselves as "being in control" of a  circumstance and then, even after having planned it all out to the finest detail, we realise that we are mere pawns in the game of life. I consider myself to be a well-organised person. I'll plan my day out, then imagine how I'd like it to unfold and do everything in my power to ensure that everything goes according to script... but I always seem to forget one minor detail about life - it's not a movie! Shakespeare clearly distorted my view on life when he said, "all the world's a stage". What a lie, William! The world's not a stage and I don't have the pen to script every scene, no one does actually.

Comments