Information Overload

You think you know, but you really don't
Then you figure out what you don't know
And think, ok, now I know
till more information is made known and
you really just, never know!

Those 5 lines summarize the past 3 weeks of my university experience! Everything I learnt in high school seems so irrelevant in the real world. As I sit with my Sociology textbook in front of me, I can't help but wonder why I couldn't have just skipped the high school drama and moved on to the good stuff, the relevant stuff, the real stuff!

The real stuff. University should be the Greek word for "real stuff". I've never been so excited to acquire knowledge in my life! I've gained knowledge pertaining to relevant issues, during the short time that I've been here, and I actually feel like a global citizen who can make informed statements about anything and everything. It feels as though I've been living in a bubble my entire life and moving to Stellenbosch was the big needle that popped my little world and exposed me to The World.

Perhaps, I'm just overwhelmed by the varsity life and over dramatizing my experience, but there is an element of reality in my dramatic statements. The fact remains, ignorance is only recognized as ignorance once you've attained knowledge!

Comments