Joy Overflow



On the days when your happiness is depleted, I stretch out my hand with palms open wide, offering you a bit of my joy. I want you to feel the generosity of joy and how light the burden of life is under the weight of jubilation. I see that you have not tasted the joys of life in a while. Why is that? Where is your source of joy? Has it run dry - drained by the woes of the world? I understand your predicament and I sympathetically reach out to you, with an offering of everlasting joy.
Joy. 
It's more than a passing feeling of happiness. Joy is a state of being, one that is not dependent on your circumstance. So come drink from the fount of abundant joy that I hold out for you. Delight in the easy route to contentment - you have nothing to bring, nothing to lose and everything to gain. I will stretch out my hand once again, and again, and several time over until you come. 
Oh, come. 
Joy is a sweet delight far surpassing your pursuit of happiness. Joy pursues nothing because it is an end in itself. 
So, come. 
Come drink, feast, bask in the knowledge that I am sharing. Let the cup of your life - empty as it stands - overflow with joy. 
Come!

Comments