Re-kindled Friendships

10 years of being apart and you still remember each other. The fond memories of playing Lego, touches and stuck-in-the-mud at break linger in each others' hearts.

I was recently reunited with one of my grade 2 best friends on Facebook and to my surprise, he remembered me just as I had remembered him! It was one of the best feelings ever. He turned out just as I had imagined he'd be, guitar and all! It stirs me to think that without the internet I may have never been in contact with him ever again. And I am still amazed at: How so much time could have passed between us and yet we remember every detail of our time together?

The power of friendship. Despite our distance and years apart, and the slight differences in our current habits, we still had those few things in common. Those things that make us inseperable and leave infinite memories in our hearts. This is just proof that if a friendship is meant to be, it will always rediscover itself. God has ways of bringing people in and out of each others' lives for His special purpose, all we need to do is trust in His unfailing love for us.

Comments