A shoulder to lean on, a hand to hold

Life can go on for you, but remain at a stand still for another. You think you know a person until you find out some of their deepest darkest secrets and then you ask yourself, "Where was I when all of this was happening?".


We know that we don't have control over circumstances, but we just can't help to wonder what we could have done to make those circumstances a little easier for those around us. We say things without thinking and think things unspoken of, but we never for one moment question the reasons behind  that person's behaviour. This could be dangerous. One slip of the tongue could lead that person in a downward spiral to destruction! So how do we assess the situation and act accordingly? What do we use when our discretion fails to kick in?


I wish I knew the answer to that. Sadly, I can admit that I failed to see the signs of depression in someones life, I failed to look beyond the smile and question the behaviours...and now it's too late.It's not too late because the person died, but it's too late because the damage has already been done and that foundation of trust was not built.


So in the year 2011, I will try my utmost to bring people up instead of put them down, question their behaviours and not their actions, be a shoulder to cry on and a hand to hold. I will be there for those around me and not repeat the mistakes of the past. With the strength of God I can achieve that and glorify His name!


Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

Comments