Convicted

Ah, convictions seem so wonderful on paper. They appear to carry the promise of reform, self-improvement and a closer walk with the Creator. Until, they actually happen and you're blown away, almost discouraged by your own shortcomings. This is where I am in life at the moment.

The Holy Spirit has done an applaud-able job this past year, I know this because I stand in a brighter light than I did a year ago. So much has been revealed to me through the Bible and it continues to resonate in my heart as I try to work out my salvation (Paul uses "work" so appropriately in his letter to the Phillipians, as it's an ongoing effort). As I'm challenged through my sanctification, I'm reminded of my imperfection and God's sovereign grace. It's such a paradox. On the one hand you feel downtrodden and on the other you're hopeful in your salvation. Perhaps it's my downtrodden state which highlights my need for a saviour and reaffirms my faith.

In hindsight, my faith has grown and my wisdom increased. I must bare the temptations of the world with my eye on the prize. It's a struggle, but my God is ever faithful to His chosen so I will persevere through my convictions. 


Comments