Just Be Held - Casting Crowns

Casting Crowns' Thrive album is definitely the soundtrack of my year! Casting Crowns is my favourite band for several reasons, one of them being, their gospel-focus, relevant and encouraging lyrics. Each of their songs is relate-able on some level in my life and when I listen to their music my heart pours out in praise and worship. What's more, is that their lyrics are catchy enough for me to recite in times when I need to remember aspects of God's true character. 


One of my favourite tracks off the album is "Just Be Held". It's a strong reminder that God is in control of every situation. This line: "You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held. Your worlds not falling apart, its falling into place. I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held" basically summarizes what the song is all about. So often when life hits us we look to our own strength and forget that God holds us in every circumstance. We need to be reminded of this and just trust in God's faithfulness.

I recommend that you listen to the entire album, but for now, here's the lyric video of "Just Be Held". Enjoy and be encouraged!



"So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" - Isaiah 41:10


Comments